Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lookit My Fat...Tail!

This is a 1/4":1" scale mock up of my tail pattern.  It dips down two inches in the front as you can see on the drawing.  I will do a monofin/fluke measurement soon, I left my monofin at my friends' house.  When making this pattern we [my amazing grandmother and me] had to account for the stretch of the neoprene and how it should fit on me.  We used a wetsuit that fits me for comparison and such.  Also, since I can get the leg parts of the wetsuit on without any extra give from a zipper we've decided to scrap the zipper idea, which helps me not have to figure out a dorsal cover up.  I can always add adornments later if I wish to.  And since no one reads my blog I may as well ramble on a bit more.  I still have to buy neoprene cement, some more paint, neoprene socks, tubing to strengthen the fluke, and those awesomely webbed gloves.  I think that's all I have to babble on about today.  I'm working 40+ hour weeks right now so it's slow progress.

1 comment:

  1. cool. looking toward to seeing this as it really starts getting pulled together. and let me know how the gloves are, I'm looking at getting a set myself at some point