Project Linus, and a few of my Costume Shop seamstresses have been making slightly fancier ones. I grumbled and griped about how I now needed to make a quilt for it as well. One of my workers suggested I do one for a boy since so many of them are made for the girls. I pulled out my graph paper and rifled through some designs and tossed a few things together.
The dragon will be breathing out fire and smoke yarn. The other side is a shield and sword. I have already begun construction, many of the students in the shop are impressed. It's really very simple, and my first quilt of this style was done in...2000? I was about 12 at the time. Anyhow, construction is going well.
How about a tail update? All four layers of weatherstripping adhesive are on the fluke. I did a couple of ALEX/createx paint tests, they went well. I also poured the lead shot into the fluke tubing. an ALEX and water mixture was poured in as well but the weatherstripping did not have a watertight seal. Some of it stayed in the lead. The next two steps are to apply ALEX over the weatherstripping for aesthetics and to ensure that it is watertight, and to pour more ALEX and water down inside the tubing to hold the lead in place and add even more weight. Hopefully I can add the ALEX onto the outside tonight, after I have dinner with an old friend. As that dries I can pour more into the tubing. I will also need to redo the fluke pattern a bit.
|I'm a dork and I used up some excess test paint making the yellow snot silverish.|
Alright, I'm off to work some more on the quilt and getting the costume shop ready for the play in April. ciao biatches